Sunday, October 19, 2008

Something Paper is Something Wonderful!


After researching invitation companies in the Detroit area, I stumbled across a wonderful company called Something Paper. Owner Megan Scofield not only supplies adorable custom stationary, but is also a Michigan bride herself! She was nice enough to answer a few questions for Wed Michigan as well as share some gorgeous pictures of her Traverse City wedding at Ciccone Winery and Vineyard.

Check out Something Paper's website for all her great products!





What inspired you to get involved in the invitation industry?
You’re either a paper person or not, and you can consider me a paper person! I’ve always had a great love for everything paper, from stationery to wrapping paper. I wanted to do something creative everyday and working in this industry allows me to do so. It’s so easy to get caught up with email and e-vites that I wanted to encourage and inspire family and friends to correspond using beautiful, unique stationery and invitations.



What should a bride remember when picking out the stationary for her wedding?
Always remember that your wedding stationery will set the tone for the festivities ahead. It’s simple to incorporate your wedding colors, theme, as well as your own personal style into your wedding stationery. You can get creative with out breaking your budget!



As a Michigan bride, what was your favorite part of getting married here?
Having a fall wedding was my favorite part of getting married in Michigan. My husband and I were lucky to have found such a beautiful and unique venue in Northern Michigan. The Vineyard was a beautiful setting in October, the trees were full of color and the air was clear and crisp!



What was the best part of your wedding planning process and your wedding day?
It’s so hard to pick just one moment of your wedding day to call the best, but it in general, the day could not have been more perfect. Just having our family and close friends with us through out the planning process and then celebrating the big day means everything to both my husband and myself.



Thank you for sharing your big day with us, Megan!

No comments: