Monday, November 10, 2008

Bliss Weddings: Part 1



I've had the opportunity to connect with Amanda Freeman, owner of Bliss Weddings in the Detroit area. Wed Michigan is happy to share her wonderful business as well as her very own Michigan wedding! Thank you, Amanda! Look for her real Michigan wedding in Part 2 of this post and be sure to check out her wonderful blog!

When did you know that wedding planning was the career for you? How did you get started?
I honestly don’t know the exact moment when it all started, but there a few times when I knew that it just felt right. When I was growing up, my mom was always the one in my family that hosted the holiday parties and summer BBQs. I would always pitch in and help as much as I could. During High School and College, I was very involved in Student Activities and helped plan dances, student organizations, groups and parties. When I was 21, my Aunt asked me to help coordinate her wedding and I fell in love! I was enthralled by the organization and even the chaos! I started searching for a way to gain experience and learn the trade. That is when I found an internship with the company I now own. I hit the ground running and the rest is history! I haven’t looked back since and wouldn’t change a thing.



What is your favorite part about living in Michigan?
Michigan is such an amazing place to live. We are surrounded by some of the most beautiful landscapes, lakes and so many trees! The talent in Michigan is out of this world. From photography to paper design, the professionals in the area are some of the best in the world. It seriously blows my mind every day. You can travel an hour and see big cities, small towns, lake front villages and some of the most unbelievable views. These locations make great vacation spots and wedding locales! Not to mention that I grew up here and so did most of my family.



What is some advice you can give Michigan brides when planning their wedding?
As much as I hate to say it, the economy in Michigan isn’t the best right now. With so many people struggling, it is important to start your new life on the right foot. Starting with a realistic budget is always your best bet and having someone in the field to help you make decisions is the best way to stick to that budget. Also, create an event that expresses your personalities. The best weddings are the ones where you can really get a feel for the couple tying the knot.



Any other words of wisdom or interesting facts we should know about you?
There are so many pieces of advice that I can offer up, but the most important thing is to remember what the day is really about. Two people, who are madly in love with each other are making the decision to spend the rest of their lives together. If you remember that, nothing can stop you from enjoying the most perfect day imaginable. Issues will always come up, details will be missed, and emotions will always run wild. Keeping yourself grounded will not only keep you sane, it will guarantee an amazing wedding that you and your family and friends will remember for a lifetime!


{Anne Ruthmann and Nicole Ladonne Photography}

No comments: