Sunday, July 19, 2009

For Your Tears...



A month ago I made a great friend + my first wedding buddy, and will be spending the next year bouncing wedding ideas off of my new email pal. I had to share one of her adorable ideas for her vintage-inspired wedding next summer.

Today I wandered around the East Cambridge Antique Market for about two hours- 4 stories of amazing vintage items that I wanted to take buy and somehow take home with me. But I only walked away with under $20 worth of stuff, but my purchase was worth it :)

My (new) friend, Emily is getting married at the Lansing Country Club next summer and mentioned that she wanted to put some vintage hankerchiefs out in a bowl for her ceremony. Guests could help themselves to a hanky + use them to wipe their tears during the vows. I immediately was on board with her idea but we both quickly realized that antique hankerchiefs were sort of... pricey. Imagine my delight when I found a bag of fifteen hankerchiefs today on sale and in perfect condition!

So, Emily... you will be getting a package in the mail in a few days from me. Hopefully we can round up a few more vintage hankerchiefs to complete your idea and create your vintage-inspired dream wedding!

No comments: