Saturday, August 1, 2009

Katie + Rob: June 20, 2009



One of my super talented high school friends was married at Brooke Lodge in June and has shared her wedding details and vendors with Wed Michigan! Katie is seriously one of the most creative girls I know and her DIY details are out of control! I knew her wedding would be beautiful but I am in awe of just how incredibly gorgeous and unique it turned out! A big congratulations to the new Mr. + Mrs. Maxwell :)









PHOTOGRAPHY: Cindy Corstange of The Open Shutter
Probably one of my favorite aspects of the whole wedding. The photos were really important to me, but we totally lucked out finding an amazing artist who is also such a fun, upbeat and nice person. She was AWESOME to work with, and I was really happy with the result.



MUSIC: Scott Herriman of Wiser Productions
A total professional - I neglected to get him all of the details in a timely fashion and you never would have known it. He kept the party upbeat and lively, but was also very attentive to the bride and groom - even refilling our drinks at one point! Very friendly and a pro.



FLOWERS: Seivert's Floral
They weren't my favorite vendor. I was pumped at first because I thought we were totally on the same page, but the day of I felt a bit disappointed. They still turned out fine, it just wasn't exactly what I was picturing in my head.



ATTIRE: Memories Bridal and Evening Wear
I liked working with Josh and Adrianne of Memories, and even bought a black-tie evening dress there for another event. With it being an outdoor garden wedding, we thought full-on tuxes might be a bit too formal and also too hot. So we had the guys rent suits through Memories. Although they were pretty affordable compared to some of the tuxes we had seen at other places (they were less than $100 to rent), part of me wishes we would have upgraded a little now that I see how they photographed.



CAKE: Harding's Grocery Store
I would definitely recommend for brides to check out their local grocery store bakeries for the wedding cake, especially if they want a simple design. Our cake tasted AWESOME, I was able to customize some of the fillings (without a crazy mark-up), and was very, very reasonable. We had taste-tested cakes at a local bridal show, and Harding's hands-down beat out the fancy bakeries. I wanted something a bit different for my cake, and went with three two-tiered cakes on vintage-y pedestals instead of one four- or five-tiered cake. The day of, one of the pedestals wasn't going to be supportive enough, and ended up having to sit on the table instead, but that was OK. Only regret with the cake was the florist's additions of the fresh flowers. They again weren't what I was picturing in my head, but I don't know that I had ever verbalized what I wanted, and can't be upset.



My top three favorite vendors were probably photographer, DJ and cake!

Thank you, Katie + Rob, for sharing your big day on Wed Michigan! Stayed tuned for more details from Katie's DIY projects!!!



{Photos by Open Shutter}

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wedding! The pictures were amazing. I too purchased my bridal gown from Memories..I was very impressed with them.
Leslie Dwyer:)