Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Allison Bower: Makeup Artist


I can't think of anything more relaxing than getting pampered on my wedding day! I can imagine myself in a hotel suite, surrounded by friends and family, (maybe even drinking a mimosas) and just soaking in every moment of the day. Allison Bower can help make that moment happen! If you're looking for personalized service and a talented makeup artist to transform you into a beautiful bride for your wedding, look no further. She's worked with some of Michigan's top vendors and can help make you feel as beautiful as possible on your big day!

What type of services do you offer?
Makeup application including lashes, Makeup lessons


What is your favorite moment of getting bride ready for her big day?
I love that first moment when she looks at herself in the mirror after her makeup is done. Her face shows it all.



Can brides provide their own makeup products or do you suggest they use a certain brand?
If a bride prefers to use her own products, I allow it provided it is quality products. I have favorite products from different lines. Most of my kits consists of Laura Mercier, MAC, Artistry, and Chanel products.



What other Michigan vendors do you love working with?
Photographers:
Amy Boeve
Holly Degarmo
Amy Carroll
Steven Fox
Adam Bird

Wedding Planners:
Michelle Torno

Florist/Planner:
Dee Mitchell

Bridal Attire:
September's Bride




How did you end up being a professional makeup artist?
I was a first grade teacher first, then I had my three children. My first priority was to stay at home with them. When my youngest child turned four, I decided to pursue my dream career that would also revolve around my children's' schedules. I have always loved makeup and the artistry, I just need the freedom to pursue it. I love what I do and it allows me to be creative.

{Photo 1 by Amy Carroll, Photo 2 and 3 by Holly DeGarmo}

1 comment:

Michelle@Memorable Events said...

Great write up, Allison is fabulous!